This recipe is a cake “taco” that is kind of a mixture between a roll cake and a sponge cake. The cake itself is really soft and fluffy. The filling inside is a chocolate butter cream, but I think that normal whipped cream will compliment the cake and strawberries a lot more. But what is fun with this cake is that you can put whatever you like in it! (o^▽^o)
Prep time: 17 min. Makes: 8 cakes.
♡ 3 eggs.
♡ 75g or 1/3 cup sugar.
♡ 75g or about 2/3 cup + 2tsp cake flour (all-purpose flour, works just fine^-^).
♡ 1tsp vanilla extract.
♡ Strawberries for decoration.
Chocolate Buttercream frosting;
♡ 75g or ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened.
♡ 12g or 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
♡ 125g or 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted.
♡ 1-2 tablespoons milk to adjust the texture of the frosting.
- Measure out and get the ingredients that you need ready.
2. Separate the egg white and egg yolk.
3. Beat the egg white till it forms a foamy consistency then gradually at the sugar in small steps.
Continue until it formes stiff peaks.
4. Then add the egg yolks, and vanilla extract and gently fold it in. Be careful to not break the peaks that we made earlier.
5. Then add the sifted cake flour and gently fold it in the egg mixture.
6. Then place the mixture in a piping bag and pipe some flat circle shapes that is about 10-12 cm in dm on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. And bake it in the preheated oven at 170C or 338F for 10min.
Fold the cake in half like a taco when it gets out of the oven before it completely cools down and decorate with whatever frosting and fruits that you like.
I recommend that you refrigerating before you eat it to make it more moist. ＼(￣▽￣)／
“What is your favorite type of dessert/ cake?”
Stay tuned for our next blog post! ^^
– Jouls <3